Monday, November 01, 2004

A Tale of Two Gigs...Epic!!!

Okay...

So Friday night we played at Manhattans to a small yet lightly receptive crowd.

I can honestly say it was our worst gig evar! Not the crowd. they were lightly receptive. But we fucked up an excessive amount of times. Could I pick a favorite time? No, they were all very special in their own way.

So we drank tequila shots until we could drink no more and then I think we probably sounded better...But I am a bad person to ask about that. You should instead ask someone who was "there"...

HIGHLIGHTS:

Big Dude with a Hair Helmet in a very small caveman costume along with Seargent Slaughter and the Hulk, in sort of a before costume I guess because his clothes were torn but he wasn't green or anything. They were all dancing right up front which was delightfully disturbing.

Several trainwrecks where we screwed the songs up so bad even we could not recognize them.

I dedicated a song to the list of people who have written books talking about what a dumbass bush jr is and a couple of people walk out. I love that!!!! I have already mailed their share of the door money to John Kerry's Campaign.

And of course right when we finish playing after a good three hours the obligatory jack ass comes up and asks us why we are stopping and that he paid good money to only hear one song. I tell him I will get him his money back but instead he takes turns telling his musical life story to each member of the band...fascinating...really. Each time one of us would shake him he would be spotted trying to bond with another ghost...so i guess we made a new friend. I think I saw him outside my house last night around 4am....he had something in his hand...

SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE HILL OF TRUTH

So we played a HUGE bike race event on saturday. Really pretty fun.

We played much better and the crowd was very nice. It was the kind of thing I would never know existed even though there were easily two hundred people there. I participate in the one where you race your couch. the COUCH OF TRUTH.

And how about that name? THE HILL OF TRUTH--UTH----UTH ---UTH-----UTH.... (LIKE AN ECHO...bear with me)

Paul Noe sat in on a couple of songs on bass. He was great as always. He also took some photos which I hope to post on the blog so I can stare at myself whenever I am near a computer.

we played a very clean show because there were families there and shit and we simply rawked and rawked outside until the generator ran out of gas and we would have had to send somebody out to Iraq to get more so we just wrapped it up.

That was a fun event.

(the following statement is diametrically opposed the belief system of our part time bass player Paul...so excuse him from my rantings..)

Tomorrow is the damn election. I really really want Kerry to win and for Bush Jr to get the fuck out of the white house and take his criminals...I mean cabinet with him.

I love my country and am tired of Bush fucking it up.

Rawk amongst yourselves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home